Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Madness!

Today is Madness. Why do we do this to ourselves? Among the Bailey's Trifle, roasted pumpkin, rice salad, Pumpkin Pie and Tartletts, Cinnamon Rolls, Reindeer Cupcakes that I am madly trying to make, there's wrapping Christmas presents, feeding Monty, attempting to be present to rat-bag toddlers, house cleaning, washing, and the list goes on and on and on... And we are supposed to be at Fireworks tonight, lunch at friend's tomorrow and leaving to go to Walcha at 5 a.m. on Boxing Day. In addition to that, my husband want's to do a 19 hour drive south of Melbourne once we've finished at Walcha. So I have to pack for that too? I just dont think so. I am not an octopus.
I AM NOT AN OCTOPUS!
I am a very busy mother and I have to do everything for these little ones as well as myself (which is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list from everything else. - believe me - you should see my hair right now.)
I now need to go and take 10 deep breaths, lay on the floor to pop my back (which has been out for over a week now and progressively getting worse).. and get on with it.

Post Script: Life has just improved. All 3 kids asleep for afternoon nap and I kicked the Mr. out because his lack of tackling tasks was driving me nuts! and most importantly I've found the dark chocolate lindt balls.

1 comment:

Sara R. said...

That's Christmas for ya! All men should be required to read this before getting married or having kids! I, too, have been known to kick the husband out of the house, usually with kids in tow! Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year!