Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bonkers!

Hello there - just a quick note to say....

We're having our fourth and final addition to our family!

Due 27 September (my birthday) - and planning a home birth.

.. let's just say that we were VERY surprised, and to put it mildly - it was a real shock for me, but we're thru all of that now - embarking on week 14... more energy, less sick, feeling much much better than I was during those first 12 weeks.

The shock stemmed from my satisfaction from running and feeling great about my body again (after many years of hosting children - in my belly and on the boob!) and from that moment when all of the kids seem to be quite manageable and happy for the most part.  I had ummed and ahhed about having another baby for 2 years, and within those last 2-3 weeks before I found out - I had made up my mind to not have any more children.  So there was a fair bit of mind challenging time to overcome in the last 13 weeks... Anyway - I'm onto the anticipation, and the realisation that I will have to find a drawer somewhere to pop this little cherub into come September!

xx


8 comments:

Fiona said...

Congratulations Amy.
There'll be plenty of time for running ... after those little ones!
I look forward to sharing your journey. Take care.

Jane S said...

Wow Amy, how amazing for you and your family, congratulations x

dixiebelle said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news, though I can see why that would have been quite the shock. Good luck with the rest of the pregancy...

Unknown said...

Hahaha yes you are bonkers! Beautifully bonkers is your family though. We couldn't be happier for the bonkers family though - so exciting, and I know you'll manage it with your usual spunk and positive attitude. Big love from us xxxx

Julia said...

Wow! Number 4 on its little way. Congratulations. Its amazing how we make our plans yet life has its own plans that happen anyway. Enjoy the journey. xxx

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

What great news. New Car? Still got the cot?

he he xx

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!
Congratulations Amy and family!
Best wishes from David and Nicole

busymama said...

Can't mess with the universe Amy - wish I had a buck for every mama that I'd heard this story from. Hold on for this next ride....and I'm so excited you've chosen a homebirth!!