Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fantastic or Freaky!?


Hello there...  Now for you all that were hoping that I'd have some sort of baby news by now - I still have 5 weeks to go, but feeling really well, prepared and excited!  

Instead, today my kitchen is the topic...  

In the past three weeks there has been much happening there...  
Thermomix came, 
Thermomix got a red hot go, 
Thermomix hit the road.

For me and my soon to be family of six, I consistently found that I couldn't make the quantity (usually double) to satisfy my needs.  Now, don't get me wrong, that machine is brilliant, but it just wasn't brilliant for me.  

I think I'm actually the first person on earth that has bought and sold a Thermomix and not been completely in love with it.  I also didn't like the way that it changed MY way of cooking.  You see, I'm not a recipe follower.  I'm a habitual recipe adjuster!  I like control of what I make and to be able to look, see and smell the whole process.  The Thermomix just didn't tick those boxes for me.  For some reason there's just a bit more love in it if you need to chop things that take a bit longer.  There's a bit of love in it to stand over a saucepan and stir for a couple of minutes.  Also - not being a recipe follower and having a nightshade allergy, I found it hard to cook for my family using the new technology.  Just call me old fashioned, I guess!

I did come out unscathed and feel okay that I passed it on.

It's left room to buy these two kitchen appliances that I know for sure will enhance and not change the way that I cook:
One bought locally, one bought online.  Both to land in my kitchen next week. Watch out!
Now, to this photo...  


I posted it on Facebook and didn't get one excited word!  Come on!  Harden up!  
Head over to my other blog Ruby Hills Organics to see what that one is about...

Happy Days to you and yours. xx

2 comments:

Jane @ Shady Baker said...

I am very interested in your review of the Thermomix Amy...I do not have one but I think I would feel the same as you. Nothing like a bit of old fashioned chopping and stirring. I am sure the other two appliances will rock your kitchen! I haven't read about the chicken feet yet but I am about to :) Happy weekend x

Anonymous said...

Finally another person who isn't in love with their Thermomix. I got mine about 3 months ago and am really disappointed with it. I had anew disasters when I made things from the cookery book that comes with it, and according to my consultant that was because I used the wron brand of ingredients.
There are many complaints about cooking disasters using The Thermomix, yet everyone says they love the machine, I wonder is that because they are trying to justify in their minds a huge financial outlay for an appliance which was designed for commercial kitchens to make things like custards and sauces to get a consistently good result, leaving chefs to work on producing other things. Show me a chef who would chop everything in the Thermomix instead of using either a knife or mandoline to get evenly chopped and minced food, instead of a minced up texture like the therms is does.

Its a shame there isn't a 30day cooling off period for the theromix,if there had been mine woud have been sent back by now.