Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rest in Peace, Anna

This is Anna - with Baxter a few years ago.



I've known Anna ever since I met her on the dusty hills of Ythanbrae almost exactly 10 years ago.
She was my friend and trusty troublemaker when I was a rowdy singleton.

I have heard today that she had a horse roll on her in the Northern Territory and she has died.
She's thirty something.
She lived life with vigor, finesse, a bloody good laugh and with her WHOLE beautiful heart.

I've had fun looking over those rowdy photos with her -
dancing on the bar in Yea
doing an entire lap of leapfrog at the Relay for Life
3 days of riding over New Years Eve on the Snowy Mountains
covered in mud together - many times.
working our tails off during the day and staying up all night.

The world was a happier, livelier place with my friend Anna.
I will miss you - my heart is very sad today.
I can still hear your hearty kiwi laugh and see your wonderful passionate, happy and caring eyes.

10 comments:

Aussie-waffler said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Anna. That is a really lovely photo, full of joy, thank-you for sharing it. xoxo

Han & Moo said...

Amy - this is such terrible news. Life can be so cruel. My thoughts are with you and Anna's family. X

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your friend,such sad news. You take care of yourself and have lots of hugs with your hubby and kids.
Ren x

Jess said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Anna - she sounds like she was a beautiful soul. Sending some love your way today x

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

Oh...NO!! Hugs and more hugs to you today. xxooooooo

Jess said...

Wow.. I didnt know you are a Doula. I will have a look at the link. My sister is training to be a Doula in Melbourne so she will be at the birth and this will be her second as a Trainee Doula. I am hoping for a VBAC so fingers crossed all goes well. Thanks for your well wishes x

Unknown said...

so sorry to hear the sad news Amy. good friends are often hard to find. it sounds like you had found a good one there. much love, hugs n more xxxx

Kali said...

Oh Amy, What amazing memories you have of your friend Anna!
May she rest in peace...

eka said...

sorry to hear... sadness. she loved life. O

Emma said...

Oh my goodness Amy, I'm sitting here crying, this is the first I'd heard. I am in shock, utter shock. Anna was just amazing. Oh my bloody god. Oh my god.