Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

pumpkin hunt






We had our lovely little friend, Nina over on Saturday. She helped make Tahini Balls and then splashed in the mud and puddles at the farm while we hunted for pumpkins in the patch. 
I love this picture of her reflection in the trough.

I also love the picture of my big boy helper and one of his many pumpkins he carried back to the trailer.  He was such a help and wasn't worried about the
slaters, worms and slugs underneath the pumpkins as much as the prissy girlies were. 

Funny how they weren't so worried about the mud when they were splashing it on eachother an hour later!

Monty took his regular surveying post in the backpack on Nic.  He know's he's the real boss of this show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh look at all those pumpkins! How do you know when they are ready to eat? I have two pumpkins from my garden and don't know when I should cut into them! Cheers Kate.

Jen Kealey said...

Kids look gorgeous. Baxty is quite the man about farm! Will send you my pumkin, chickpea and lentil soup recipie.

Unknown said...

tahini balls sound amazing- can i find the recipe anywhere around here. cute photos. xo m.