Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

around here...


we've had cuddles on the couch with bunny wearing a special top made from
Kate at Foxes Lane (how spesh!!? much??)


made some homemade chai for a friend's birthday. have spent whole day with said friend preserving apples and dehydrating apples and wrangling kids and having lovely homemade hot cross buns!


got a lovely little parcel from Georgie Love
How lucky am I to have won a spunky little green scarf just in time for winter!


made homemade pasta with Elizabeth and Erica. WHAT A TREAT! If you have never had homemade fresh pasta - or if it has been a while - DO IT. Totally delicious. 


got our wood heater installed - hurrah! - on it's custom Nic made, Amy designed hearth. What do you think? The fella that installed it walked in and said, "where's your hearth?" then saw it and in a monotone said, "oh. that's different."  Something said to me that he didn't really fancy our taste.??


have had a very toothy fevery boy with two new eye teeth giving him curry. he hasn't been a difficult teether, so if this is all that we have to cope with - so be it.  he's looking up today - off doing all the farm chores - driving tractors with mama and dad, terrorizing all children, destroying any assemblence of a household with transporting toys and breaking anything possible, throwing food, throwing cutlery, refusing to eat in a highchair, feeding calves with dad, doing ANYTHING with dad...... 

9 comments:

Sarah said...

the poor munchkin...

But what great fun you all have had with that florious food and friendships!

Mom said...

Oh happy morning! Dad and I found a new blog this morning :))!!
When did Bunny reappear? And where was she spending her time?
All your food adventures remind me of the time I used to spend with Sharon Edwards, while all you kids did what your kids are doing now. That was a very sweet, homey time in my life.
Poor little Monty. I hope he can poke those teeth through quickly and get on with all he has to do. Mighty busy schedule he has these days!
XXXXXOOOOO

Vic said...

I love your "hearth", it looks fabulous, as does everything going on over there - except for the ouchie teeth situation, poor little dude - lovely.

Kate said...

Hooray!! I love seeing your little bunny wearing her t'shirt. Remember the dramas of getting that package to you. It sounds wonderful over there. I hope the littlest feels better soon.
Have a really happy week Amy. X

Jess said...

You will be having one lovely cosy winter with that hearth burning brightly :)

We were in Venus Bay recently for 5 days of rest (well, as restful as it gets with two kids under 3!) and we went to Fishy Pub for lunch. I thought of you and almost set out to find your farm... but then both kids were grumbly and tired and over it.

We are heading back up for Easter - Is Ruby Organics open to the public? We might pop in and buy some eggs!

x

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, The Hearth looks great & the Log Burner very smart, well done to you both. Gretta looks lovely with Bunny. Hope Monty is feeling better soon.Talking of home-made we were given black boy peaches,(delicious), shortcake was on the menu with the peaches, yum
Lots of Love,
Bronwyn (Nic's Mum) xx

Anonymous said...

I love the hearth Amy, very funky!
Poor Monty, what a gorgeous wee boy he is, hope those teeth come thru soon! Love Kate.

Mom said...

Yummm Bronwyn, peaches sound great. We have that to look forward to in a few months.
Amy, I was so excited to see your babies that I forgot to comment on your pretty hearth. I recognize the tiles from the kitchen, right. The set-up should help keep y'all toasty through the winter.
xxxxxooooo

Emma said...

I REALLY want to make pasta, I used to when I lived with lovely housemates that had a pasta maker, and now it is high up on the bridal registry list for us ;) Yum nom nom. I'm thinking I could make a serious batch of gnocchi with my potato supply?!