Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

no. more. baking.

I love to bake. and bake. and bake.
I love to see my loved ones gobble up goodness and know that they are happy that I made it for them.

but.... unfortunately, all that lovely goodness has been in QUITE too much abundance of late, and has seemed to stuck itself all over my arse. (and everywhere else!)



Game plan?

Zumba on Monday's, Yoga on Thursdays, Walking on Fridays and Sundays. After I'm feeling a bit more energy, I'm going to do the Couch to 5 K.  Yes, that's right. I'm going to start running.

I'm also revisiting my plans with Atkins. I tried Atkins almost 10 years ago. At that stage in my life - I didn't have a clue about nutrition. I had already spent time doing "Slim Fast" and diet pills since I was about 12 years old.

Sad, I know... But... back to the Atkins days.. I was on day 3 and I was the grumpiest, tired grumpy pants, and I threw a calf feeder at Nic's head. He demanded I go and eat a bowl of cereal and calm the hell down! So, I'm going on a more gentler approach, mostly because it suits my life and the food that we already eat. Minus the flour, sugar, rice, etc. - Organic or not - it's sticking to my guts and it needs to get the boot.

I am not disillusioned that I need to be skinny. I do not want to be skinny. I just need to shift some of this extra chub and aches and pains that prevent me from feeling good. That's it.

Wish me luck. I can't believe I just spilled my guts on my blog, but, that is where the honesty needs to go. It's better here than spilling over my pants! I need support. So, stop posting those damn pictures of warm muffins, thank you very much!

9 comments:

Sonia said...

It looks like you are taking a far more sensible approach to it all. Great stuff.
Personally, I a firm believer of focusing on exercise first then worry about food later. It's amazing the right choices you make with food once you start moving around and feeling a little more energetic.
Good luck with it. Love to hear the progress you make.

Jane S said...

I agree Amy, I love to bake also & love seeing my family enjoy good food. The cold weather only makes me want to bake more. Sourdough bread, pies, cakes...you name it, I will bake it! As a cook & lover of food finding a balance with the 'taste testing' is tricky! Good luck :)

Fiona said...

Amy, I could have written this post myself. As I sit here with the waistband of my jeans cutting circulation to my lower body, you wouldn't believe I have the printed 'Couch to 5K' schedule sitting on my desk! Tell me when you're ready to start and I'll be right there with you. Good luck to you (and me).

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

I hear ya sista!! I'm punching 5kg heaver than my weight devision. Walk, water, walk, water, walk, water for me.

Sarah said...

You.can.do.it!

Mom said...

Me too :( I can't stop eating all the goodies and it makes me feel so yucky. If I bake I definitely eat it. I am enthused about following weight watchers. Now I just have to start!
Good lucky honey. You can do it!

Emma said...

Go Amy go! I hear Zumba is heaps of fun (but I'm secretly scared of it) And every year I say I'm going to 'become a runner' - I did at Ythanbrae and the hills really got the better of me, and the foggy mornings...Now I'm kicking myself I didn't run on the good tracks now instead of muddy paddocks!

Caitlin M said...

Hi Amy,

I remember seeing you around Goondiwindi, knowing who you were but not actually 'knowing' you.... I came across your blog via Hannah @Dalli Cottage. I absolutely LOVE reading your blog, and now feel like I 'know' you a bit better!
I must admit, I have a bittersweet relationship with your blog - Bitter, because I am completely useless at baking and sewing, and become jealous of your talents; and Sweet because you inspire me with your love of life.... and living life with soul :) Caitlin

Ashley said...

Welcome to my diet. The die off can be a killer at first, that's why you get so grumpy! I'm not Atkins but I don't do many grains, absolutely no wheat, and very little sugar that isn't in the form of a piece of fruit.